Every Wellness Program starts on Saturday with your arrival at Guatemala City Airport and ends on the next Saturday. Accommodation is in colonial Antigua, the cultural mecca of Central America. Verify the calendar to see during which weeks the Wellness Program is organized, they usually coincide with holidays in the States.
Day 1 – Saturday – Welcome
- Arrival at Guatemala City’s International Airport “La Aurora”
- Welcome by your English-speaking escort. Transfer to your hotel in Guatemala City (or in Antigua, depending on our hotel’s availability).
Day 2 – Sunday – Cultural Sightseeing
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Introduction to the program, Q & A session
- Transfer to Antigua (50 min.), in case you stayed overnight in the capital.
- Sightseeing of the most emblematic Spanish colonial monuments and ruins in Antigua
- Drop off at your hotel in Antigua
- Lunch at restaurant in Antigua
- Afternoon: free to relax, or shop for colorful Maya handicrafts or paintings
Day 3- 6: Hot Springs & Health Spa
- After breakfast, private transportation to the hot spings Spa (45 min. drive)
- Your morning is spent in the thermal pools and sunbathing outside, relaxing inside in the lounge, sipping a natural juice drink.
- If you wish you can pamper yourself with a variety of spa treatments, (soaking in private hot tubs, clay baths, massages, etc.)
- Lunch at the thermal Spa
- Afternoon: return to your hotel in Antigua
- Late afternoon & evening: relax, shop, or get dental or cosmetic procedure if you wish.
Day 7 – Friday: Eco-tourism and leisure
- Breakfast in Antigua — Cultural & Ecotourism: guided tour of a coffee farm near Antigua, followed by a visit of the museums of Traditional Music and Maya textiles
- Return to center of Antigua for lunch.
- The rest of the day you are free: visit Antigua (art galleries, museums, colonial monuments, ascend Volcano Pacaya (optional), or get dental, eye or cosmetic treatments.
Day 8 – Saturday – Departure
- Breakfast in Antigua.
Unless you want to prolong your stay in Guatemala, transfer at scheduled hour to Guatemala’s International Airport “La Aurora,” to board your return flight home.
- If you decide to extend your vacation to take the opportunity of affordable medical, dental or cosmetic treatments, we can assist you with finding the best Specialist Doctors while taking care of your logistics (Hotel & Transportation).
- We can make special hotel arrangements for people who want prolong their stay in Guatemala, or who want to come 2 days earlier to do their medical check-ups.
- Unless convened otherwise, the Wellness program is destined for small groups of people from 4 to 8 persons.
The text and images contained in Medical Tourism Guatemala’s website are for informational purposes only. Its content is not intended to substitute the medical diagnosis or treatment from board certified MD Specialists. Always seek advice from your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. Medical Tourism Guatemala does not warrant that the information provided is complete, accurate or up to date. Medical Tourism Guatemala‘s website does not provide medical advice.