Dr. Byron Sanchez MD: Specialist in Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Hematology & Oncology
A reputable Oncologist and Hematologist is a leader for Central America in his field and has experience in both autologous and heterologous stem cell transplants. With his multi-disciplinary team he is one of the few Specialists who offers Stem cell therapies in Guatemala.
According to the Guatemalan Law regulating Blood banks, the use of blood and it´s derivatives, only a Board certified Hematologist can perform stem cell therapy.
Curriculum Vitae (brief resume):
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, San Carlos University, Guatemala
- Specialization in Oncology & Hematology at the National Institute of Medical Sciences Salvador Zubiran at Mexico-City´s National Autonomous University, from 1986 to 1989
- Board certified by the Mexican College of Hematology, 1997
- Member of the following Medical Associations: the Guatemalan Association of Internal Medicine, the Guatemalan Association of Hematology and Oncology, the European Society of Hematology, the Guatemalan College of Physicians and Surgeons, collegiate # 6049
- Member of the ICMS, the international Cellular Medicine Society
- Head of the Department of Hematology and of the Blood Bank of the Guatemalan Medical Army Center, 1997 – 2003
- Specialist in Hematology at the General Hospital of the Guatemalan Social Security Institute, 2003 – 2004
- Specialist in Oncology at the General Hospital of the Guatemalan Social Security Institute, from 1997 to 1998, and from 2003 to 2004
- Medical Director at the Private Blood Bank Dr. Carlos Moscoso, from 2005 to 2007
- Hematology & Oncology Post grade professor at Mariano Galvez University, Guatemala 2000-2003
- Medical advisor for the Sales and Marketing Department at Novartis Pharmaceuticals 2004-2005
- Medical Advisor for the Oncology Department at Biocross Regional 2006
Medical Specialties of Dr Byron Sanchez:
Stem Cell Transplantation , Hematology (blood diseases), Oncology (cancer treatment and its complications) and Internal Medicine
1.Stem Cell Transplantation in different indications: cancer and leukemia; Nervous System Diseases like Multiple Sclerosis, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, sequelae of stroke. Heart disease, Kidney and Liver diseases. Anti-aging therapies.
2. Diagnosis and treatment of cancer: surgery, chemotherapy, biological therapy, monoclonal antibodies, Bisphosphonates.
3. Internal Medicine Consultation
Cancer treatments offered by Dr Byron Sanchez:
- Prevention and early detection of cancer
- Diagnosis and second opinion
- Bio-molecular medicine