Cosmetic or Plastic surgeries in Guatemala cost on average 60% less than in the U. S.
We only recommmend Plastic Surgeons who belong to the Guatemalan Association of Plastic Surgeons (= Asociación Guatemalteca de Cirujanos Plasticos or AGCP) as guarantee of their ethics and their professional experience, which in turn is a safeguard for you, the patient. Otherwise publicity or claims of professional expertise or so called “training” cannot always be substantiated. The requisits for membership to the AGCP are quite stringent:
- Be licensed to practice in Guatemala by the Medical & Surgical College of Guatemala.
- Having had minimum 3 years practice as a general Surgeon.
- Having had minimum 3 years of training as Plastic Surgeon in an international program of Plastic Surgery endorsed by a University.
- Document 50 cases of their own plastic surgery procedures to the AGCP.
- Be of impeccable reputation and ethical behavior.