Dr. Rafael Flores
- General Dentistry – San Carlos University, Guatemala, 1970
- Master of Dental Science – University of Pittsburgh, 1973
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery
- University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital,1980-1984
- Baylor College of Dentistry, 1984
- University of Texas in Houston, 1986-1987
- Scientific meetings and academic activities in Guatemala and in Mexico named after him.
- Special guest at lectures, courses and seminars in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Dental Implants and other surgical procedures at dental meetings and as scientific activities in Cincinnati (OH) and in Mexico, Central America, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Dominican Republic.
- Dental License, Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, since 1989.
- Member of the Dental Society of Guatemala and the American Association of Orthodontists.
c) Surgical Procedures:
- Surgical removal of impacted third molars.
- Placement of dental implants.
- Bone reconstruction and sinus lift (antroplasty).
- Mandibular nerve lateralization.
- Orthognatic surgery (corrective surgery of the jaws).