Dr. Luis Iglesias
- Ophtalmic Plastic Surgery,
- Orbit and Lacrimal system,
- Small Incision Cataracts Surgery (SICS)
- Member of the Guatemalan Association of Oculoplastic (*) Surgery
- Founder of the Central American Society of Oculoplastic Surgery
- Active Member of the Association of Doctors and Súrgeons of Guatemala.
- Specialist in Small Incision Cataract Surgery SICS, Association for the Prevention of Blindness, Visualiza 2007-2008
- Subspecialty in Ophthalmic plastic surgery, orbit and lachrymal system, National Unit of Ophtalmology, Roosevelt Hospital 2005– 2006
- Master in Ophthalmology, National Unit of Ophtalmology, Roosevelt Hospital/ San Carlos University, Guatemala 2003 – 2005
- Doctor in Medicine, Medicine Faculty, University San Carlos, 2002
- III Presentation of Interesting Cases, Clinic of Pediatric Ophtalmology, Strabismus and Neuro-ophtalmology, National Unit of Opthalmology, November 2003
- I Symposium of Pediatric Ophtalmology, Guatemala May 2004
- IV Presentation of Interesting Cases, Clinic of Pediatric Ophtalmology, Strabismus and Neuro-Opthalmology, UNO, November 2004
- I Symposium of Vitreo-retinal and Macular Ophtalmology, UNO, April 2004
- Presentation interesting Case in Ophtalmology, Guatemalan Institute of Social Securtiy, March 2006
- Scientific Day, UNO, 2006
- First Central American Congress of Oculoplastic surgery in March 2007
- Bilingüal Spanish/English
- In rural areas of Sacatepéquez, El Progreso and Jutiapa, Guatemala.
(*) = Oculoplastics, or oculoplastic surgery, and includes a wide variety of surgical procedures that deal with the orbit (eye socket), eyelids, tear ducts, and the face. It also deals with the reconstruction of the eye and associated structures.