DR. GIOVANNI JUAREZ CHENG, General Surgeon
Cardio-Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeon
- Graduated as MD in 1998 at San Carlos University (= 7 years of studies, 1 year of residence)
- 4 years of Postgraduate studies and residence to become General Surgeon, Guatemala City
- during his 4 years of training as General Surgeon, Dr Juarez Cheng obtained every year the “Roemmer´s Award”, which is a national recognition given to the best performing resident Surgeon at the San Juan de Dios Hospital
- Graduated as General Surgeon at San Juan de Dios General Hospital, Guatemala City 2003
- Resident Surgeon at Unicar (the Cardiovascular Surgical Unit) at the General Hospital, Guatemala City 2004- 2005
- Assistant Surgeon at renowned Herrera Llerandi hospital, Guatemala City 2006–end 2007
- Graduated as Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon at Texas University Health Science Center, San Antonio Tx. 2009
- Head Surgeon Thoracic Surgery at the Guatemalan Institute of Social Security, from 2010 until now
- Private practice in Guatemala City since 2009
MEDICAL AFFILIATIONS: – College of Surgeons & Medical Doctors, Guatemala – Guatemalan Association of Pneumology – American College of Chest Physicians
Dr. Giovanni Juarez Cheng speaks fluently English, and participates on a regular basis at the annual meetings of the American Association of Thoracic Surgery in the U.S.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ The text and images contained in Medical Tourism Guatemala’s website are for informational purposes only. Its content is not intended to substitute the medical diagnosis or treatment from board certified MD Specialists. Always seek advice from your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. Medical Tourism Guatemala does not warrant that the information provided is complete, accurate or up to date. Medical Tourism Guatemala‘s website does not provide medical advice.