HOPE Radiotherapy Center
HOPE Radiotherapy Center in Guatemala is one of the most modern radiotherapy centers in its kind in all of Latin America: built in 2009, it has invested heavily in-state-of the art equipment and uses the ultimate radiation technology like Rapid Arc Clinac™ iX Accelerator
HOPE Radiotherapy in Guatemala City is headed by Dr. Luis Linares, radio-oncologist Surgeon who was previously Medical Director at the Cancer Institute of New Orleans Memorial Medical Center. He also worked at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York and trained at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London.
Dr Linares is Fellow of the American College of Radiation Oncology (FACRO) and Board certified
by the American Board of Therapeutic Radiology.
The highly qualified technical staff has received specialized training at radio-therapy centers in Spain and the U.S.
Top-notch treatments to cancer patients are provided at HOPE in a friendly human
environment without the burden of language barriers.
HOPE International is specialized in both external and internal radiotherapy (brachytherapy). Radiotherapy in Guatemala is available at a fraction only of what similar high-tech treatments would cost in Canada or in the States.
All the high-tech equipment and digital imagery/software available at HOPE:
- Eclipse Treatment-Planning software,
- ARIA information & management System,
- Multileaf Collimator (MLC),
- Bright Speed Tomograph (from General Electric),
- OBI (On board Imager)
- Portal Vision: digital technology for imaging,
- Bright Speed Tomograph (General Electric),
- Clinac™ iX Accelerator (from Varian)
- Rapid Arc Technology,
- 3D-conformal modulated radiotherapy (3D-CRT),
- Intensity Modulated radiotherapy (IMRT),
- Image guided Radiotherapy (IGRT),
- Brachytherapy at high dose rate (HDR),
- Implants of radio-active seeds.