Sanatorio de Nuestra Señora del Pilar, a.k.a. Hospital el PILAR, is a large, non-profit private hospital, located in a green suburb of the capital, 15 minutes from Guatemala City International Airport and from major hotel chains.
- Human Resources: 620 associated Specialist MDs representing 57 medical specialties and sub-specialties, 275 nurses and 150 other/technical staff
- Ratio patient-nurse: 4 to 5 for 1 patient; in intensive care units this ratio is 1 to 1
- Infrastructure: 140 beds, 54 private rooms, 25 cots, 12 O.R., 27 ICU´s , 10 E.R.´s
- LIST of DEPARTMENTS & MEDICAL UNITS (non exhaustive):
- Clinical Laboratory, Blood Bank, Burn Unit, Hyberbaric chamber
- Dialysis Center, Organ Transplants (Kidney)
- Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy Clinics (Radio-Oncology)
- Cardiology & Hemodynamics Center (Cardiac catheterization, angiographies, stents, angioplasties)
- Pediatric & Neonatology Department (with various sub-specialties)
- Gynecology & Obstetrics Department
- Gastroenterology Department
- Center for Genetic Analysis; Reference Center for Rare Diseases
- Diagnosis Center: CT or CAT Scans (= Computed Tomography), MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), Ultrasound, X-Rays, EKG’s, EEG’s
- Center of Nuclear Molecular Medicine: SPECT-CT and PET-CT
The text and images contained in Medical Tourism Guatemala’s website are for informational purposes only. Its content is not intended to substitute the medical diagnosis or treatment from board certified MD Specialists. Always seek advice from your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. Medical Tourism Guatemala does not warrant that the information provided is complete, accurate or up to date. Medical Tourism Guatemala‘s website does not provide medical advice.