How it works?
Bring the following with you to Guatemala, in order for your health check up to be successful:
- medical records, including immunization records
- family health history – try to learn as much as you can about your family’s health history before your appointment. Any information you can give your doctor can help determine if you are at risk for certain diseases.
- A list of prescription drugs that you are currently taking, how often you take them, and why.
It only takes 4 days of your life to come and get a complete health check-up in Guatemala. The actual check up takes only 2 mornings. You will have your results on the second day or your stay and you can fly back home on the fourth day, unless you want to prolong your vacation in Guatemala. Contact us to help you with accommodation and transportation.
- Assume you arrive on a Sunday evening in Guatemala.
- Your medical travel facilitator will welcome you at the airport and accompany you to your hotel.
- No drinks or food intake after 6 pm.
- Skip your breakfast at your hotel.
- Your medical travel facilitator will pick you up at your hotel at 8am and bring you to the diagnosis center.
- You will undergo a complete physical exam by a Specialist MD in Internal Medicine, who speaks English.
- He will also analyze your risk factors based on your medical history.
- After your first series of laboratory tests you will receive a courtesy breakfast.
- The first morning of tests will take up to 4 hours, after which your medical travel facilitator will bring you back at your hotel. You are free in the afternoon.
- Have breakfast at your hotel.
- Your medical travel facilitator will pick you up at your hotel at 8:am and drive you again at the diagnosis Center.
- There you will continue your tests, which will take about 2 to 3 hours, after which you will meet again with the Specialist MD who will hand you over your results and explain them to you.
- Your last appointment is with the nutritionist who will evaluate together with you your eating habits and eventually make any suggestions, on the basis of your clinical results.
- Your medical facilitator will bring you back at your hotel.
- You can board your flight to go home. However, contact us if you want to spend a few more days relaxing in Guatemala
The text and images contained in Medical Tourism Guatemala’s website are for informational purposes only. Its content is not intended to substitute the medical diagnosis or treatment from board certified MD Specialists. Always seek advice from your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. Medical Tourism Guatemala does not warrant that the information provided is complete, accurate or up to date. Medical Tourism Guatemala‘s website does not provide medical advice.