Will you help me with transportation & accommodation ?
Yes, that’s one of our missions as Medical Travel Facilitator.Here is a resume of all the services provided by Medical Tourism Guatemala:
- Use of a cell phone during your medical stay in Guatemala City
- 24h/24h access to our facilitator for problem solving and in case of emergencies
- Transfers in Guatemala City: Airport pick-up, transfers- to and from- your hotel to the hospital/clinic, transfers for your pre-and post-op visits with your Specialist MDs
- Confidential submission of your medical history
- Follow-up liaison with doctor, hospital and hotel
- Free translation services when dealing with doctors and staff at the hospital or at the hotel
- We monitor your convalescence with follow-up visits during your convalescence in Guatemala City
- We find affordable options for your convalescence in Guatemala City or in colonial Antigua.
- We facilitate back-up services like a private nurse, a personal assistant or a massage therapist, if needed.
- We refer you to Spanish teachers for private lessons, if you are interested in learning Spanish.
Our concierge fees depend on the time you need for your medical procedures.
What about language and translation problems ?
Most of the doctors or their surgical assistants speak english.Whenever necessary, our facilitator is there to help you with translations to communicate with doctors and staff.
What about hygiene and hospital infections ?
How many days after the operation should I stay ?
How and when do i need to pay ?
All your queries for information about the doctor and the type of procedure with the medical travel facilitator and the doctor are free.If you would like to receive an estimate regarding the type of procedure you want, we will email you a medical history form that you have to fill in and return to us.
From then on you’ll be able to clarify your doubts and submit any questions you want to discuss with the doctor.
Once you make the decision to have your medical treatment done in Guatemala, we will then ask you to transfer a small deposit so that we can book your procedure and schedule it in.
The balance is payable during the first visit at your doctor’s office in Guatemala. Payment can be done in cash or with credit card (Visa). If you pay by credit card, be advised that local banks charge an additional 7%. No personal checks or foreign debit cards are accepted.
There are several options of forwarding a deposit. One of them is via a bank wire/transfer.
Another convenient way is via Paypal, a secure and free method of payment for the payor. Your transactions are totally protected when you send payments through Paypal at no charge to you. Your financial information does not reach spa-med-holiday and is kept private with Paypal, a secure server. You can use your bank account to pay online, pay with your credit or debit card, or use your Paypal balance.