Dr. Byron Sanchez
A reputable Oncologist and Hematologist, is a leader for the region in his field and has experience in both autologous and heterologous stem cell transplants. With his multi-disciplinary team he is the only Stem cell Specialist in Guatemala.
- Specialist in Internal Medicine, San Carlos University, Guatemala.
- Specialization in Oncology & Hematology at the National Institute of Medical Sciences Salvador Zubiran at Mexico-City’s National Autonomous University, from 1986 to 1989.
- Board certified by the Mexican College of Hematology, 1997.
- Member of the following medical Associations: the Guatemalan Association of Internal Medicine, the Guatemalan Association of Hematology and Oncology, the European Society of Hematology, the Guatemalan College of Physicians and Surgeons, collegiate # 6049.
- Head of the Department of Hematology and of the Blood Bank of the Guatemalan Medical Army Center, 1997 – 2003.
- Specialist in Hematology at the General Hospital of the Guatemalan Social Security Institute, 2003 – 2004.
- Specialist in Oncology at the General Hospital of the Guatemalan Social Security Institute, from 1997 to 1998, and from 2003 to 2004.
- Medical Director at the Private Blood Bank Dr. Carlos Moscoso, from 2005 to 2007.
- Hematology & Oncology Post grade professor at Mariano Galvez University, Guatemala 2000-2003.
- Medical advisor for the Sales and Marketing Department at Novartis Pharmaceuticals 2004-2005.
- Medical Advisor for the Oncology Department at Biocross Regional 2006.
Other cancer treatments offered in Guatemala:
- Bio-molecular medicine
- Prevention and early detection of cancer
- Diagnosis and second opinion