Medical Tourism Guatemala was started in 2007 by Cecile Billiet, a pioneer for medical travel and wellness vacations in Guatemala. Cecile is a member founder of Guatemala’s Health & Wellness Tourism Commission at Agexport (Guatemala’s Exporters’ Association). She is also part of the organizing Committee of Agexport´s Service Summit, a biannual congress and networking event to promote Guatemala´s outsourcing sector. The ITC (International Trade Center, a joint organization of the United Nations and of the World Trade Organization) chose Spa-Med-Holiday as a case study in sustainable development for the outsourcing of services in developing countries. Medical Tourism Guatemala was selected by the Business Initiative Directions (BID) as a candidate to receive the “International Arch of Europe Award”, a Quality Recognition Award honoring people and organizations that exemplify excellence. In 2011 Spa-Med-Holiday a.k.a. Medical Tourism Guatemala has been nominated as one of the finalists to receive the National Exporter´s Award in the services´category for 2011. Medical Tourism Guatemala –a.k.a. Spa-Med-Holiday- has also been mentioned in the following magazines and newsletters:
- “Medical Tourism Magazine”, special edition on the 1st World Medical Tourism Congress in San Francisco, The Rise of Global Healthcare from Latin America, Sept. 2008, (http://www.medicaltourismmag.com)
- “Mercados y Tendencias”, the most prestigious business magazine for Central America, special section on Medical Tourism, Nov. 2008, (www.revistamyt.com)
- “Revista Data Export”,a publication in Spanish by Agexport, Dec. 2008, (www.export.com.gt)
- “Les Nouvelles Esthetiques & Spa”, English, Dec 2008, (www.lneonline.com)
- “The Daily Mail” (U.K.), July 13, 2010, by TV-Presenter Jane Furnival: My cancer drug costs just £2 a day – so why did I have to get it from Guatemala?…
- Central American Business Magazine “Mercados & Tendencias” , no.54, September 2011, special report on Medical Tourism in Guatemala and in the region www.revistamyt.com (www.revistamyt.com)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________The text and images contained in Medical Tourism Guatemala’s website are for informational purposes only. Its content is not intended to substitute the medical diagnosis or treatment from board certified MD Specialists. Always seek advice from your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment. Medical Tourism Guatemala does not warrant that the information provided is complete, accurate or up to date. Medical Tourism Guatemala‘s website does not provide medical advice.